|A public viewing night at the Australian National Botanic Gardens|
Southern Cross is the major publication of the society, for members only. Over the years, the journal has tapped the writing skills of our members and regularly features their contributions on a wide range of astronomical topics.
Southern Cross is published monthly (except January, when the ephemeris takes its place) and aims to provide members with:
- information on Society activities and services
- information on forthcoming meetings and special events
- a forum for open discussion of Society issues
- articles on a wide range of astronomical topics
- the results of research projects by members
- ephemerides of astronomical phenomena
- late breaking news.
- Constellation of the Month, complete with Herald Bobroff chart
- current phenomena
- sky events calendar
- Society diary.